PIL under Article 226 or Public Interest Litigation under Article 226 of the Indian Constitution format is hereby given below.
IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUDICATURE FOR _____________ AT _____________
D.B. CIVIL WRIT PETITION (PIL) No. …………./20XX
IN THE MATTER OF:
IN THE MATTER OF ARTICLE 226 OF THE CONSTITUTION OF INDIA
IN THE MATTER OF ARTICLE 14 & 21 OF THE CONSTITUTION OF INDIA
IN THE MATTER OF (MAIN PURPOSE OF FILING THE PRESENT PETITION)
IN THE MATTER OF UNJUST, UNFAIR, UNREASONED, ARBITRARY ORDERS OF THE RESPONDENT
THE HON’BLE CHIEF JUSTICE OF RAJASTHAN AND HIS LORDSHIP’S OTHER COMPANION JUSTICES OF THE HIGH COURT OF JUDICATURE FOR ________________.
MAY IT PLEASE YOUR LORDSHIPS:
That the humble petitioner above named most respectfully submits as under:
That the petitioner is a citizen of India and is resident of his address given above and amenable to writ jurisdiction of this Hon’ble Court. The petitioner is a _______________ student and raises social issues without being prejudice and he is filing the present PIL for the _______(your main purpose of filing present petition). There is no vested interest of the petitioner. Copy of the Aadhar card of the petitioner is herewith enclosed as Annexure-1.
- Particulars of the Petitioner:-
Any PIL or social issue addressed by petitioner in the past, if there is none then write the whereabouts of the petitioner.
- Declaration and undertaking of the Petitioner:-
- That the present petition is being filed before this Hon’ble Court by way of Public Interest Litigation without any having vested interest of the petitioner.
- The petitioner has borne all the expenses of the present litigation from his own pocket.
- That a thorough research has been conducted on the subject matter and issues raised in the present Public Interest Litigation by the petitioner.
- That to the best of the knowledge of the petitioner, the issues raised in the present litigation has not been dealt with or decided and no such litigation has been filed by the petitioner.
- That the petitioner understands that during the course of present petition, the Hon’ble court may require any reasonable security to be furnished towards costs or any other charges and the petitioner shall comply with such requirements.
- Brief Facts, Grounds and Constituting the Cause:-
- Write down brief facts about the matter on which the present PIL has been filed.
- That aggrieved by such decisions which are illegal, arbitrary and violative of fundamental rights by the respondents and higher authorities not taking cognizance of such ______ , the petitioner is left with no other remedy and alternate expect to approach this Hon’ble Court by way of filing this Public Interest Litigation on following grounds among others:-
- Because (mention the grounds on which you are filing present PIL)
- That the petitioner craves leave to add and supplement more grounds at the time of arguments.
- That in the facts and circumstances of the present case the petitioner is left with no other equally equally, efficacious, alternative and speedy remedy available, expect to approach this Hon’ble Court for Justice under Article 226 of Constitution of India.
- Source of Information:-
The petitioner declares that all the information and facts pleaded in the present petition is collected and verified the facts from best of my knowledge.
- Nature and Extent of Injury Caused/Apprehended:-
The injury in the matter, cannot be quantified, as it relates _________________________________________________________ it cannot be measured in terms of money.
- Representations made:
- Delay, if any, in filing the petition and explanation thereof:-
Petitioner respectfully states that there is no delay involved in filing of this petition.
It is therefore humbly and most respectfully prayed that this writ petition may kindly be allowed and the Hon’ble Court may call for entire record concerning the case and after examining the same issuing writ, order or direction or in nature thereof:-
- Any other writ, order or direction which this Hon’ble Court deems just and proper may kindly be passed in favour of the petitioner; and,
- Cost of the writ petition may kindly be awarded to the petitioner.
- No such writ petition has been filed previously in this matter before this Hon’ble Court.
- PF, notices, and extra copies shall be filed within the prescribed period.
- Typed by the private staeno at counsel’s office.
- Typed on these stout papers as pie papers were not readily available.