Petition for Restitution of Conjugal Rights under Section 9 of the Hindu marriage Act format is hereby given below.
IN THE DISTRICT COURT AT ____________
HMA PETITION No. _____of 20__
Petition for restitution of conjugal rights under Section 9 of
The Hindu Marriage Act, 1955
MAY IT PLEASE YOUR HONOUR:
The petitioner above named prays as follows:
- A marriage was solemnized between the parties on _______ at ________. A certified extract from the Hindu Marriage Register/ an affidavit duly attested is filed herewith.
- The status and place of residence of the parties to the marriage before the marriage and at the time of filing the petition were as follows:
Status Age Place of Residence Status Age Place of Residence
- Before marriage
- At the time of filing petition
- In this paragraph particulars and places of co- habitation as husband and wife and the children from the marriage if any may be given. The date and place of birth and name and sex of each child and the fact whether dead or alive should be stated.
- The respondent has without reasonable excuse withdrawn from society of petitioner with effect from________________________ (cause of estrangement as known to the petitioner may be stated.
- The petition is not presented in collusion with the respondent.
- There has not been any unnecessary or improper delay in filing this petition.
- There is no other legal ground why relief should not be granted.
- There has not been any previous proceedings with regard to the marriage by or on behalf of any party.
There have been following previous proceedings with regard to marriage by or on behalf of the parties:
Serial Name of parties Nature of Number and Name and Result
No. proceedings with date and year location of
With section of act of the case of the court
- The marriage was solemnized at _______________
The husband and Wife resided at _______________
The Husband and Wife last resided together at ___________ within the local limits of ordinary civil jurisdiction of this court.
- Therefore in view of the aforementioned facts of the case petitioner above named humbly and most respectfully prays for decree for restitution of conjugal rights against the respondent.
The above named petitioner states on solemn affirmation that Paras ___ to ____of the petition are true to the best of petitioner’s information and belief
Verified on this _______ day of ___________ at _____________