Demand Notice under Insolvency and bankruptcy Code is hereby given below.
FORM OF DEMAND NOTICE / INVOICE DEMANDING PAYMENT UNDER THE INSOLVENCY AND BANKRUPTCY CODE, 2016
(Under rule 5 of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy (Application to Adjudicating Authority) Rules, 2016)
[Name and address of the registered office of the corporate debtor]
[Name and address of the registered office of the operational creditor]
Subject: Demand notice/invoice demanding payment in respect of unpaid operational debt due from [corporate debtor] under the Code.
1. This letter is a demand notice/invoice demanding payment of an unpaid operational debt due from [name of corporate debtor].
2. Please find particulars of the unpaid operational debt below:
|PARTICULARS OF OPERATIONAL DEBT|
|1.||TOTAL AMOUNT OF DEBT, DETAILS OF TRANSACTIONS ON ACCOUNT OF WHICH DEBT FELL DUE, AND THE DATE FROM WHICH SUCH DEBT FELL DUE|
|2.||AMOUNT CLAIMED TO BE IN DEFAULT AND THE DATE ON WHICH THE DEFAULT OCCURRED (ATTACH THE WORKINGS FOR COMPUTATION OF DEFAULT IN TABULAR FORM)|
|3.||PARTICULARS OF SECURITY HELD, IF ANY, THE DATE OF ITS CREATION, ITS ESTIMATED VALUE AS PER THE CREDITOR. ATTACH A COPY OF A CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION OF CHARGE ISSUED BY THE REGISTRAR OF COMPANIES (IF THE CORPORATE DEBTOR IS A COMPANY)|
|4.||DETAILS OF RETENTION OF TITLE ARRANGEMENTS (IF ANY) IN RESPECT OF GOODS TO WHICH THE OPERATIONAL DEBT REFERS|
|5.||RECORD OF DEFAULT WITH THE INFORMATION UTILITY (IF ANY)|
|6.||PROVISION OF LAW, CONTRACT OR OTHER DOCUMENT UNDER WHICH DEBT HAS BECOME DUE|
|7.||LIST OF DOCUMENTS ATTACHED TO THIS APPLICATION IN ORDER TO PROVE THE EXISTENCE OF OPERATIONAL DEBT AND THE AMOUNT IN DEFAULT|
3. If you dispute the existence or amount of unpaid operational debt (in default) please provide the undersigned, within ten days of the receipt of this letter, of the pendency of the suit or arbitration proceedings in relation to such dispute filed before the receipt of this letter/notice.
4. If you believe that the debt has been repaid before the receipt of this letter, please demonstrate such repayment by sending to us, within ten days of receipt of this letter, the following:
(a) an attested copy of the record of electronic transfer of the unpaid amount from the bank account of the corporate debtor; or
(b) an attested copy of any record that [name of the operational creditor] has received the payment.
5. The undersigned, hereby, attaches a certificate from an information utility confirming that no record of a dispute raised in relation to the relevant operational debt has been filed by any person at any information utility. (if applicable)
6. The undersigned request you to unconditionally repay the unpaid operational debt (in default) in full within ten days from the receipt of this letter failing which we shall initiate a corporate insolvency resolution process in respect of [name of corporate debtor].
|Signature of person authorised to act on behalf of the operational creditor|
|Name in block letters|
|Position with or in relation to the operational creditor|
|Address of person signing|
1. Please serve a copy of this form on the corporate debtor, ten days in advance of filing an application under section 9 of the Code.
2. Please append a copy of such served notice to the application made by the operational creditor to the Adjudicating Authority.