Criminal Appeal under Section 374 of Criminal procedure Code format is hereby given below.
Note: This appeal has to supported by an Affidavit.
IN THE HON’BLE HIGH COURT OF _________
(CRIMINAL APPELLATE JURISDICTION)
S.B. Criminal Appeal No. …………… of 20__
IN THE MATTER OF :-
The state of ……………………
CRIMINAL APPEAL AGAINST THE ORDER DATED _______AND PASSED BY __________ CONVICTING THE APPELLANT U/S ______ OF IPC AND SENTENCING TO UNDERGO RIGOROUS IMPRISONMENT FOR A PERIOD OF __ YEARS.
THE HON’BLE CHIEF JUSTICE & OTHER COMPANION JUDGES OF THE HIGH COURT OF JUDICATURE FOR ___________ AT ___________.
MAY IT PLEASE YOUR LORDSHIPS,
The humble appellant above named respectfully submits as under:
- That the humble appellant was tried by Ld. Additional session Judge, ____ for the offence u/s ________ and on conviction, sentenced to undergo RI _______; vide order dated ______.
- That (write down the facts not considered by the Ld. ASJ and facts for this appeal)
- That being aggrieved by the conviction, the appellant wish to submit the following grounds :
GROUNDS : –
- Write down the grounds by which this appeal is preferred and why the appelant is innocent and conviction against him/her is unlawful/wrong.
In view thereof it is most humbly prayed that this Hon’ble court may be pleased to
- Admit the appeal and call for record for the perusal and of hearing the counsel for appellant.
- Set-a-side the conviction and sentence passed against the appellant and he be acquitted.
- To pass any other order which this Hon’ble court deem fit and proper in the circumstances and in the interest of justice.
It is further prayed that pending final disposal of present appeal, this Hon’ble court please the appellant on bail and suspend the sentence passed against the appellant.
For which act of kindness the humble appellant shall ever remain thankful to this Hon’ble court.