Contempt Petition under article 215 of the Constitution of India read with section 11 & 12 of the Contempt of Court Act format is given below.
IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUDICATURE FOR ___________ AT ________
CONTEMPT PETITION (Civil) No. _________/2020
(petition in which you want to initiate contempt proceedings)
IN THE MATTER OF:
CONTEMPT PETITION UNDER ARTICLE 215 OF THE CONSTITUTION OF INDIA READ WITH SECTION 11&12 OF THE CONTEMPT OF COURT ACT, 1971 AND RULE ___ OF RULE OF THE HIGH COURT OF JUDICATURE FOR _______, .
The Hon’ble Chief Justice of ___________ and His Lordships other companion Justices of the High Court of Judicature for ___________ at ______.
MAY IT PLEASE YOUR LORDSHIPS
The humble Petitioner above named respectfully submits as under:
- That present Petition has been filed by the Petitioner under Article 215 of the Constitution of India read with Section 11 and 12 of the Contempt of Courts Act, 1971, in the facts and circumstances explained hereinafter. The Petitioner herein is aggrieved by the contumacious conduct of the Respondents, specially their wilful disobedience of this Hon’ble Court’s Order dated _______ in (petition in which you want to initiate contempt proceedings).
- That this is a case where respondents, deliberately, with ulterior motives, have grossly violated the order dated ________ passed by this Hon’ble Court in (petition in which you want to initiate contempt proceedings) whereby this Hon’ble Court has disposed of the petitions with a direction to the respondents:
“Write the order or the point of the order which has been violated by the respondents”. Certified copy of the Order dated 24th July 2020 is hereby annexed as Annexure P-1.
- Write down the facts explaining as to how the order has been violated by the respondents.
- That from perusal of the above facts and circumstances, it is clear that the non compliance of respondents with the Order dated _________ of this Hon’ble Court, amounts to motivated and deliberate action to interfere in the due course of judicial proceedings before this Hon’ble Court in (petition in which you want to initiate contempt proceedings) and obstruct and interfere with the administration of justice.
- That since, there has been wilful disobedience on the part of the respondents in compliance with the Order of this Hon’ble Court in (petition in which you want to initiate contempt proceedings) respondents are liable for contempt of the court and contempt proceedings should be initiated against the respondent.
- The petitioner herein has not filed any other petition in this Hon’ble Court, or before Supreme Court or any other Court throughout the territory of India regarding the matter in dispute. The petitioners have no better remedy available.
In view of the above mentioned facts it is respectfully submitted that this Hon’ble Court may be pleased to:
a) Initiate contempt proceeding against the alleged contemnor for willfully and deliberately disobeying the judgment dated _________ of this Hon’ble Court passed in the (petition in which you want to initiate contempt proceedings).
b) Pass any other or further order/s as this Hon’ble Court may deem fit and proper in the facts and circumstances of the case.