Civil Defamation Suit under Civil Procedure Code, 1908 format is hereby given below.
In the Court of Civil Judge Class I at ________
Suit No. ________ / 20____
ABC S/O________, R/O ____________ …. Plaintiff
XYZ S/O________, R/O____________
Plaint under Order 7 Rule 1 for Compensation for Defamation
The plaintiff respectfully states as follows: –
Brief Description of the case:
(1) The respondent publicly accused the plaintiff of ___________, which has caused immense harm to the reputation of the plaintiff. The present suit is meant for compensation for the harm done to the plaintiff’s reputation.
Matters of Inducement:
(2) Plaintiff sells ______ in many colonies of ________ (place) including _________
(3) Respondent is the president of an informal resident association ________.
Facts constituting cause of action:
(4) In a resident’s association meeting held on ________, the respondent publicly accused the plaintiff of selling his products with mixing. A tape record of the respondent making the accusation is attached with this petition.
(5) The said speech made by the respondent was heard by hundred of residents of _______, where the plaintiff sells goods.
(6) The said speech has caused the plaintiff a lot of embarrassment and loss of business.
(7) The plaintiff denies that he sells mixed products and claims that the statement made by the respondent was completely baseless.
(10) The meeting where the defamatory statement was made by the respondent happened in _________, which is under this court’s jurisdiction.
(11) The plaintiff claims, on account of the loss of business as well as mental agony, an amount of _________ which is under this court’s jurisdiction.
(12) The plaintiff prays that the court be pleased to order the respondent to pay sum of Rs _________ on account of the loss of business because of his baseless and false speech. The plaintiff further prays that the respondent be ordered to pay compensation for mental harassment and cost of this litigation.
(Signature of the plaintiff)
Advocate for Plaintiff
I, ______, do hereby verify that the contents from paras 1 to 12 are correct and true to the best of my knowledge and personal belief and no part of it is false and nothing material has been concealed therein. Affirmed at ______ on this ____ Day of _________ 20XX